We are looking for an ambitious and confident R&D Engineer. Claxton provides a diverse range of products and services across the entire life of the oilfield. Our equally diverse client base trusts us to meet the needs of their complex operating and engineering challenges. Every day our designers provide pragmatic, reliable and often unique solutions for companies such as BP, Centrica, ConocoPhillips, Shell, Maersk and Statoil. As a result, our global team is driven toward a singular goal: Working together to make our clients’ projects happen.
Working primarily in the buoyant subsea services sector, Claxton’s growth trajectory is phenomenal – our business is rapidly expanding in Norway, Asia and the United Arab Emirates. This growth is backed by the strength of our parent group Acteon, and the opportunities for our business and employees are therefore vast. As a result of our growth both in the UK and overseas we’re looking for an R&D Engineer, who will be based at our head quarters in Great Yarmouth, UK, who has technical expertise and practical experience to develop our range of products. Creative thinkers, problem solvers and those excited by the idea of pushing the boundaries to achieve engineering excellence should apply. This is an opportunity for you to make an impact on the future of the industry.
The winning candidate will:
- Be a demonstrable team player
- Be able to show a proven ability to be flexible and creative in solving engineering challenges
- Relish diversity in their role – something that our product range will provide with abundance
- Show us an inquisitive and enquiring nature
- Have worked in a subsea or upstream engineering role in a commercial environment
- Be conversant with creating designs, and proving them by working through the necessary calculations and FEA
- Have experience of delivering work using 3D CAD and associated software
- Have studied mechanical engineering to degree level
Three easy ways to apply:
- Online – Use the ‘Apply for this role’ button at the top right of this page
- Email – Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post – Please forward your CV and covering letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager to Claxton Engineering Services Limited, Bureside House, North River Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 1TE.