Marine growth removal systems
Cleaning solutions for a range of structures
Claxton provides a range of marine growth removal (MGR) tools for cleaning marine fouling from a range of structures. The MGR systems can remove both hard and soft fouling, subsea and topside.
MGR systems are commonly required for cleaning monopiles for offshore wind farms, prior to the installation and grouting of the transition piece. Claxton’s MGR systems use high pressure water pumps to supply the manipulators with water to remove marine fouling.
Claxton’s MGR systems use high pressure water pumps to supply the manipulators with water to remove marine fouling.
Our fleet of MGR tools in detail
Claxton’s fleet of MGR tools cover a range of piles from 2m to 8m outer diameter. Previous projects have included both internal and external cleaning of a range of pile sizes. All of the MGR tools are hydraulically powered and are operated remotely from the deck of the vessel or platform. Claxton’s tools also encompass a camera system to allow remote inspection of the pile surface post cleaning.
The MGR tools can operate with high pressure water (up to 1000 bar at 200 L/min) or ultra-high-pressure water (up to 2000 bar at 100 L/min), depending on the material to be cleaned and the substrate.
Benefits of Claxton’s marine growth removal systems include:
- Circumferential or linear manipulators
- High pressure (1000 bar) or ultra-high pressure (2000 bar) systems are available
- Industry-leading robotic tooling to clean straight and tapered piles up to 8m in diameter
- Minimal personnel intervention required during cleaning operations
- Integrated camera system to provide visual inspection of cleaned surface
- Off the shelf tooling available for a range of pile sizes
- Bespoke tooling can be designed in house if off the shelf solutions are not available
- Diverless technology reduces handling and self-locks onto the pile and topside storage.