Claxton’s heavy duty rigless well recovery system
Claxton’s well recovery system, WellRaizer®, has been designed to recover oil and gas wells from offshore installations without the use of a jack-up rig or platform-based drilling derrick.
Integral with other Claxton decommissioning equipment, WellRaizer benefits from a modular low-profile design whilst being robust enough to pull up to 300 tonnes and can recover in sections up to 40 foot in length.
Suited to larger platforms, the system is fully NORSOK compliant and has the flexibility to be adapted to suit your platform’s requirements. WellRaizer works in harmony with Claxton’s SABRE™ subsea abrasive cutting system, drilling and pinning tooling, bandsaws, and can even skid from well to well under its own power.
The modular WellRaizer system can also be configured to accommodate well control packages, allowing the workover of live wells and full P&A scopes.
Claxton offers a flexible modular well recovery solution. The benefits include:
- Lightweight units, which all weigh under 10Te each, minimising rig-up time
- Up to 300 Te pulling capacity
- Certified to NORSOK regulations
- Can be configured to work independently away from the platform crane to save time whilst waiting for rig operations
- The compact profile of the system means that it is less dependent on weather conditions; a time-saving benefit, especially in regions such as Norway
- WellRaizer operates ‘safe systems of work’ (SSOW), which includes providing a safe area for technicians during drilling and pinning, severance operations on the work platform, and restraining the conductor during severance operations
- Allows efficient deployment of the Claxton SABRE tool downhole for cutting operations
Designed with flexibility in mind, WellRaizer is fully modular and adapts to a wide variety of deck layouts and locations.
our expert view
“The WellRaizer® recovery system comprises of both a static and travelling elevator which grip the tubular sections via two powered slip packages. The unit also incorporates material handling cranes to remove reliance on the main crane for smaller operations and has been developed to meet design codes for this campaign and safety standards for work on the Norwegian Continental Shelf including: NORSOK Z-015, NORSOK R-002, API 4F, API 8C, DNV 2-7.1, and DNV 2-7.3.”