Wellhead interfaces & lifting tools
Integral tooling for well abandonment programmes
Interface seamlessly with ageing assets with Claxton’s flexible range of risers, wellhead interface and connectors plus lifting tools.
To complement Claxton’s extensive rental fleet of risers, we also offer a large range of connectors, interfaces and lifting tools. These range from simple adaptors, hubs and flanges to a range of hydraulic subsea connectors for modern and obsolete wellheads.
For any wellhead connector or interface to an obsolete wellhead that we don’t hold within our stock, Claxton has the in-house ability to fully design, analyse, manufacture and gain type approval for connectors and interfaces. This means that if the operators’ wellheads or temporary abandonment caps are no longer supported by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM); Claxton can provide a bespoke solution.
The range of wellhead tooling from Claxton includes:
- A huge range of cross overs and connectors
- Landing strings and surface riser to give access from the rig floor
- H4, NT-2 and Torus 2 connectors
- Reverse engineering of connectors to interface to wellheads that are no longer OEM supported
- Development of bespoke tooling using our in-house R&D and design expertise
- Lifting flanges and wellhead hubs with lift links or connections
- Clamps to provide structural integrity and/or lift points
- Tooling to split flanges and remove trees and wellheads ahead of recovery if required
Claxton has deep experience of interfacing with structurally challenging assets which is why we have developed a specialist suite of wellhead interfaces and lifting tools.