Surface and subsea diamond wire machines
Cut through the toughest materials
Perform efficient topside and underwater cutting on caissons, jackets, pipes, piles, multi-string casings and wellheads with Claxton’s diamond wire cutting machines.
From mechanical saws to abrasive water jet cutting, Claxton has the cutting solutions to cut through the toughest materials in the harshest environments. With extensive experience in specialist cutting projects, Claxton offers a comprehensive cutting service within the inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM), renewables, civil engineering, construction and decommissioning market sectors.
Claxton’s subsea diamond wire saws are specifically designed for surface or subsea cutting and can be complemented with our wider platform or subsea decommissioning package. The subsea units can be diver or ROV operated, and due to the configuration of the wire blade, suffer less blade trapping than bandsaws or reciprocating saws. The machines benefit from a cut confirmation system so that the user is notified as soon as the cut is successful.
Topside and subsea solutions
Claxton offer a wide range of diamond wire cutting tools as both topside and subsea solutions. These systems are located globally and are available for rapid mobilisation. Available in several sizes and configurations, diamond wire cutting equipment can be handled and operated from surface or integrated for ROV use.
An independent power supply coupled with control systems and fine metering is incorporated into the system to optimise efficiency in the cutting process. ROV operated systems are designed to work to the maximum working depths of the ROV.
Where an integrated solution is required on larger projects, our platform or subsea well decommissioning package includes multiple options for cutting of pipes and other materials. When combined with other Claxton recovery equipment, our diamond wire machines are integral to the turnkey cutting and recovery solution that we provide for decommissioning projects. The subsea diamond wire machines and accompanying tooling can also be supplied on a flexible rental basis, with or without personnel.
The robust aluminium frame of Claxton’s diamond wire saw means that they make light work of subsea pipes and materials with varying thicknesses.
Benefits of Claxton’s surface and subsea diamond wire saws include:
- Differing materials and thicknesses have a minimum impact on cutting performance when compared to using a bandsaw blade
- Internal obstructions and contents can be efficiently severed using the diamond wire saws
- Can be diver or ROV operated
- 20+ years of cutting experience dealing with challenging projects has given us the expertise to deal with both standard and bespoke cutting scopes
- A range of options for cutting of tubulars between 4″ and 80″ in diameter
- Bespoke clamping upgrades to bolt on and off for none tubular cutting scopes
- Interchangeable rigging for either horizontal or vertical cutting
- Topside pull saw options available allowing for inventive cut profiles
- A focused competency development programme ensures that our onshore and offshore personnel are competent at supporting and operating all of our tooling and services, ensuring seamless delivery.