Lightweight recovery decks
A load bearing recovery structure
When teamed with a jack-up lift barge (JULB) or suitable platform crane, the Claxton lightweight recovery deck provides a safe bespoke platform to react against during the recovery phase of a decommissioning project.
Especially suited to JULB operations, Claxton’s unique recovery deck technology provides a work platform and load-bearing structure which is used to react against during the recovery process. When wells are recovered using the JULB crane, the lightweight recovery deck is essential for successful severance, cut proving and recovery on smaller ageing structures.
The in-house design and development of the lightweight recovery deck is a significant initiative for Claxton which has already proven successful on large scale North Sea decommissioning projects.
The deck can be designed and adapted to suit the requirements of any platform and can be modified and utilised for various phases of a project, including conductor and casing severance and recovery; therefore, contributing to reducing time and overall costs of a campaign.
Increase efficiency of rigless and small platform well recovery operations with the bespoke Claxton lightweight recovery deck:
- Integral with the wider Claxton platform well abandonment package
- Designed to work in tandem with a JULB crane
- Bespoke design and build service to suit the requirements of the platform
- Can be adapted and utilised for various phases of an abandonment campaign
- Suitable for small North Sea platforms, particularly those in the Southern North Sea
- Integral utility cranes allow stand-alone operations for smaller lifts
- Capable of skidding between well slots
The field proven lightweight recovery deck is a significant initiative for Claxton which has already proven successful on large scale North Sea decommissioning projects.