Highly effective and efficient hydraulic solution
Claxton provides market-leading hydraulic shear systems, delivering a cutting solution for use offshore, inshore and in topside environments.
The hydraulic shear is highly effective and efficient when used as part of a decommissioning package utilising the cutting and recovery equipment together.
Claxton’s experience and track record has allowed us to record tangible data of material specifications to fully qualify our shears cutting capabilities. Bundle cutting can be achieved using Claxton’s hydraulic shear systems. This offering can also incorporate a pipe grab to aid recovery of bundled infrastructure both on surface and subsea.
Claxton’s hydraulic shear is highly effective and efficient when used as part of a decommissioning package utilising the cutting and recovery equipment together.
Benefits of Claxton’s shear cutters include:
- Market-leading launch and recovery station that allows for hands-free deployment and recovery that can be cross utilised as a transit frame – topside cutting can also be carried out whilst the shear is in situ
- Can provide a full pipeline intervention or decommissioning package including dredging, cutting and recovery equipment
- Shears that can be both topside and ROV operable. Topside supporting equipment such as load-bearing spoolers, umbilicals and HPU are cross utilised for other decommissioning/recovery tooling such as pipeline recovery tool
- Cutting times achieved in under 30 seconds
- Both horizontal and vertical cutting capability
- Shears cutting force that can reduce or eliminate the need for excavating to fully expose the product to be cut or recovered
- Field-proven and track record of previous cut product materials and the capability to complete qualification trials.