Platform well tiebacks
Pre-drilling and tiebacks for field developments
Our clients benefit from our experience gained through hundreds of successful well tiebacks around the world. We have experience of a wide variety of vendors’ equipment and can actively mitigate the potential issues that can arise on each tieback project when reconnecting pre-drilled wells from mudline suspension systems to surface.
Claxton recognises that operator’s drilling groups have in-depth expertise, however, pre-drilling and tiebacks for field development reflect a relatively rare skill-set within most operators. Often regular equipment vendors, who supply mudline/subsea wellhead equipment, surface wellhead and pipe tend to focus on selling their own specific equipment with respect to the proposed tieback operations, and leave wider issues associated with performing tieback operations to the operator; this is where Claxton’s expert team can add value.
We understand that every tieback operation is different. This is where our wide range of custom designed tieback rental equipment, including running tooling and down-hole camera systems come into play. These have been developed to complement the major wellhead and mudline/subsea system manufacturers’ components.
Claxton has performed hundreds of platform well tiebacks around the world and has subsequently developed a detailed understanding of what needs to happen to make your project succeed.
The benefits of Claxton’s platform well tiebacks:
- Management of all interfaces by our project engineering team including the operator, drilling contractor, platform, and equipment suppliers, allowing the client to focus resource elsewhere
- Incorporating tieback engineering into template design ensures cost-effective operations
- Access a wide range of specially designed tieback rental equipment for this field of operations
- An integrated approach from planning to procedures, from interface management to the actual offshore operations including the provision of the specialist tooling
- Bespoke engineering capability
Claxton understands that every tieback operation is different. This is where our wide range of custom designed tieback rental equipment, including running tooling and down-hole camera systems, come into play.
our expert view
“Our track record of working repeatedly for many operators is a clear indication that they recognise the advantages, efficiencies and cost benefits of utilising Claxton to manage tieback operations. Claxton’s success and efficiency provide the operator with real time-related cost-savings and mitigation of risk.”