Bespoke structures designed to add value to drilling operations
Increase the efficiency of offshore drilling programmes with Claxton’s range of drilling templates. Designed for robust, safe and rapid installation from a rig or vessel, the templates enable safe pre-drilling and early first oil.
Subsea drilling templates are bespoke structures, designed to add value to the drilling operations. Pre-drilling can be the most cost-effective option for developing a new field. Claxton is able to bring significant experience to the design of subsea drilling templates that will help to ensure operational success.
Every Claxton drilling template is designed for robust, safe and efficient installation, which can be either from a rig or pre-installed from a suitable vessel ahead of the rig’s arrival.
This flexible approach means that Claxton has an enviable track record of designing, supplying and installing subsea drilling templates. Thanks to a large portfolio of pre-existing designs, our drilling templates can be produced to tight timescales.
Claxton supply the following types of drilling templates:
- Bottom founded – for standard applications with a relatively flat seabed with an inclination that does not exceed project tolerances and seabed capable of withstanding the loads
- Conductor supported – for applications where a conductor is in situ, primarily where the seabed requires the template to be supported
- Conductor installed – the template is run with the conductor. The benefit being that installation work is primarily surface based meaning that this application is useful for applications where an ROV is not available
Every Claxton drilling template is designed for robust, safe and efficient installation which can be either from a rig or pre-installed from a suitable vessel ahead of the rig’s arrival.
Claxton’s drilling templates can be tailored to specific project requirements. Benefits include:
- Class-leading experience in design and installation – Claxton are confident to be amongst the most experienced template suppliers in the world
- Fast response and short lead times due to a vast library of designs
- Preparation of detailed and optimised rig-specific installation procedures and equipment lists to minimise rig time required
- Closely tailored to project requirements by an experienced design and engineering team
our expert view
“Claxton’s experience and bespoke methodology for installing drilling templates is much more efficient and cost-effective than conventional methods. The secret to our success in this field is to provide a co-ordinated approach to the many interrelated engineering and operational processes of the pre-drilling concept.”