Hot tapping services
The full suite of tools for the hot tapping pipe procedure
For the provision of hot tapping in the oil and gas industry, Claxton supplies a flexible service for offshore production facilities, pipelines, valve boring and maintenance operations, as well as assisting at the late-life stage.
To support the hot tapping of valves on wellheads, Xmas trees, check valves and all types of tubulars for both surface or subsea operations, Claxton can design, supply and operate fully integrated systems. We provide this service for the global upstream oil and gas industry as well as downstream petrochemical facilities working on pipelines, flare lines and valves.
Claxton has been providing hot tapping services around the globe for over 20 years. We provide robust, field-proven systems which are suitable for pressures up to 15,000 psi.
Claxton’s hot tapping tools and procedures include the following benefits:
- Full pressure containment to allow for simultaneous operations
- Proven to cut from standard steel pipe, through to dense materials such as honeycomb stellite
- Range of machines for applications up to 15,000 psi
- Modular systems provide flexible project applications
- Systems that enhance safety and operational efficiency
- Equalisation-controlling orifice valve reduces dynamic shock to the pressure retaining components
- Provide multi-skilled personnel where required
Not only do we provide hot tapping services to the upstream industry, but we can also service downstream petrochemical facilities working on pipelines, flare lines and valves.
System options and flexible application to suit specific project requirements:
- Auto and manual feed systems
- Surface and subsea systems
- Pneumatic and hydraulic power options
- Standard boring sizes from 0.5 – 48” with flexibility for larger sizes to be accommodated
- Variable drilling lengths
- Split-T hot tap fittings, split-T lines, stops and branch connections supplied
- Crossover adaptors to interface with existing equipment
- Supplied with transportation skids
- Claxton provides a rapid design-and-build service for projects or specific challenges