Well conductor repair & integrity services
Critical services to maximise platform working life
Offshore operators are faced with the challenge of managing ageing assets all around the world. Claxton provide a wide range of field-proven services to extend the life of well conductors, repair them, or remove them.
From adding or recovering platform slots, replacing aged centralizers or adding a complete retrofit conductor guide array to significantly extend the life of a platform, Claxton can provide a bespoke solution.
Our well conductor and repair integrity services include:
- Conductor repair – Our design and operational experience allows us to rapidly engineer conductor clamps and sleeves to repair or reinforce aged conductors. This capability can be combined with annular grouting and composite coatings to cover the majority of day-to-day conductor repair issues.
- Retrofit/replacement conductor guide centralizers – Centralizers provide a service at the critical interface between the well conductor and platform jacket. Damaged, failed or missing centralizers can mean excessive conductor movement or wear of the conductor and associated guides.
- Replacement of corroded conductor guides – When the guide structure around the conductors is in poor repair, Claxton can design, supply and install replacement guides, or whole guide arrays.
- Additional conductor guides – Claxton’s team have installed additional well conductor guides to help operators extend the value of their existing platforms. These additional guides can be used to either replace old wells where the conductor needs to be removed but is in a position that means a new conductor cannot easily be run in its place, or to add new wells.
- Platform slot recovery – If conductors cannot be repaired or are corroded, and the associated wells are no longer economically viable, Claxton’s proven rigless slot recovery tooling and processes can reclaim the well slot – as with an additional guide, this can mean creating a new producing well within existing platform infrastructure.
As assets age many operators are looking to extend their lifecycles by recovering slots and drilling new wells. Claxton have developed a range of equipment and services to solve these challenges and service the rigless slot recovery, well abandonment and decommissioning market.