Surface friction stud welding attachment technology
Range of friction welding services
An alternative surface solution for structural upgrade or remediation projects.
Claxton’s range of friction welding services can provide an alternative solution for structural upgrade or remediation projects. From subsea pipeline repair or cathodic protection retrofit, attachments of cofferdams to allow for repair to topside structural upgrade requiring a bolted solution or attachment of monitoring sensors, as well as other offshore/onshore tasks, our systems have been proven to withstand the harshest of marine environments.
Claxton’s range of friction welding services can provide an alternative solution for structural upgrade or remediation projects.
Benefits of Claxton’s surface friction stud welding attachment technology include:
- Excellent fatigue life performance of stud welds
- Friction welds are higher strength than other means of joining
- The process is quick and highly repeatable
- Extremely low resistance characteristics
- Subsea anode retrofit using friction welding is 50% lower in cost than impressed-cathodic protection retrofit
- Welding can be performed in Zone 2 Areas without the requirement to build habitats
- Typically 45% lower in cost than electric arc welding
- No stray currents that could damage electrical equipment and control system
- A fully ROV installed galvanic anode retrofit solution
- Environmentally friendly process – no objectionable smoke, fumes or gases, or weld spatter, hence extremely safe conditions
- Autogenic – no filler material used, the process solely relies on inter-molecular bonding with the original material
- Dissimilar metals can be joined with no alloying of the metals.