ONSHORE MATERIALS MANAGEMENT SERVICES
maintenance, storage, refurbishment, testing and certification
Claxton can realise significant savings for clients by refurbishing, modifying and re-certifying client-owned equipment – using our onshore service centre.
The centre provides trained personnel with support facilities to undertake full repair, refurbishment and recertification of any wellhead and/or associated equipment to API specification and in accordance with SI289/SI913 regulations or clients’ own specific verification scheme.
To support this service, our main UK base contains one of the most advanced, pressure testing facilities in Europe. Our horizontal and vertical test chambers are suitable for many offshore items.
Claxton’s break-out bucking units have also been installed to provide easy make-up and break-out of drilling tools, bottom-hole assembly (BHA) and completion equipment. U118 and U120-012 Claxton Hydra-Tork units have a rated operational range from 4” to 24” diameters with a maximum working load of 90,000 ft-lbs and 235,000 ft-lbs respectively
Onshore equipment services include:
- Full refurbishment and coating
- Inspection and comprehensive reporting
- High-pressure water blast cleaning or appropriate alternative
- Material chemical analysis
- Magnetic particle inspection
- Dye penetrant inspection
- Ultrasonic inspection
- Proof load testing
- Non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Hardness testing of materials
- Hydrostatic pressure testing up to 30,000 psi
- Hydraulic actuator flushing
- Recertification to API or governing specification
- Full quality assurance data packs with ICB endorsement
- Third party storage services
- Supplementary rental equipment
Claxton has one of the most advanced, pressure testing facilities in Europe. Our horizontal and vertical test chambers are suitable for many offshore items.
Our expert view
“The Claxton Hydra-Tork units are fast and easily operated when making up or breaking out pipe and tool joints. The units have been designed to enable them to be adapted to meet the many different requirements of each downhole tool manufacturer and service shop. We are delighted to have this service in-house, which now provides considerable savings for our clients.”