Grit blasting systems
Fast and efficient cleaning
Claxton’s grit blast cleaning system provides fast and efficient cleaning to aid preparation for a range of subsea inspection procedures. By using iron silicate dry grit rather than slurry, this reduces the hose weight making the system easily operated for divers and ROVs.
The grit blast cleaning system is highly effective in subsea jacket and pipeline inspection campaigns due to the fast removal of marine growth on structures. The systems are ready to be used in conjunction with ROVs or divers and can achieve cleaning surface areas of 2.5m² per hour with ROV and 6m² when diver operated.
The system achieves cleaning surface areas of 2.5m2 per hour with ROV and 6m² when diver operated.
Benefits of Claxton’s grit blasting systems include:
- Compact units with built-in storage for hoses up to 180m
- A twin pot system that allows divers to operate continuously and simultaneously at similar or different depths up to 180m
- Surface cleaning to SA 2.5 standard
- Aggressive cleaning effect at low air pressure to eliminate any high-pressure requirement
- Nozzles that can be diver or ROV operated
- Opportunities for Claxton to provide an integrated pipeline intervention package, including dredging, cutting, coating removal and end preparation resulting in an optimised tooling solution.