Tension deck enables platform drilling
- The modular design enabled three main lifts for ease of installation without needing to work under suspended loads.
- The installation system enabled the deck hatch cover to be removed while always maintaining a substantial barrier around the opening.
- The system included a work deck to offer ease of riser connection make up.
- The tension deck offered full drift capability for large-diameter riser connections and wellheads to pass through.
Verification of the system before mobilisation was paramount:
- Load testing of the four cylinders (pressure and pull testing to 150 t each, i.e., 1.5 times the safe working load (see left)
- Load testing of the tension deck to 475 t
- Function testing of the cylinders (see right)
- Full non-destructive testing of all the load bearing areas.
Claxton also designed and supplied a self-contained hydraulic power unit able to be positioned within a 15m radius of the tensioning deck.
DOES YOUR CHALLENGE NEED A BESPOKE SOLUTION?
Contact us and we will put you in touch with the person best placed in our team to answer based on your unique enquiry. Our engineers are specialists in their own fields and ready to take on any challenge!