2019 Year in Review
OUR TOP 5 2019 DOWNLOADS
- Decommissioning case study pack
- Drilling riser and tensioning systems case study pack
- Drilling riser buyers guide
- Decommissioning buyers guide
- Structural asset life extension case study pack
OUR BEST PIC OF BLOGS FROM 2019
- Rising to the challenge of decommissioning in Southeast Asia
- Expert advice for offshore infrastructure obsolescence management
- A trip back in time: How people talked about the North Sea oil & gas industry 40 years ago
- Four reasons why and how the next generation of engineers will be the future of your business
- Why safety & wellbeing is paramount in the oil & gas industry – The shocking stats
MAKING IT HAPPEN AROUND THE WORLD…
- Petrofac Facilities Management Ltd
A busy year in general for Claxton’s well-decommissioning services, highlighted by the award of a project for Petrofac to provide well abrasive cutting services on the DP3 and DP4 decommissioning project in the East Irish Sea.
- Well-Safe Solutions
An exciting development was the signing of an agreement with Well-Safe Solutions with Claxton providing support for the 2020 decommissioning project on the Schooner and Ketch platforms commencing in March.
- News from the Skene office
A very busy year for the Aberdeen-based team executing various decommissioning, IMR, well abandonment and renewables scopes for a number of clients.
Our Norway team has had a busy year, supporting a successful SIMOPS (simultaneous operations) cutting campaign on the Huldra project for Heerema, securing its first major civil construction support scope and completing several other cutting and IMR offshore scopes for Norwegian clients.
Two long-term contracts offshore in Abu Dhabi were awarded this year. The first was to supply slot recovery and CDT installation services, and the second to supply well-cutting and recovery services. This reflects the excellent performance provided previously by our teams having been scored 98% in the very first offshore client service report.
The US business has seen much more diversification over the course of 2019 with in-depth, friction stud welding, dredging, and mechanical cutting all seeing a resurgence. The market has seen an increase in inspection, repair and maintenance activity and our colleagues have enjoyed the change in pace from strictly decommissioning over the past few years. We have also seen an increase in Canadian work with very interesting opportunities in Mexico and Brazil. Our teams are very excited about taking on the challenges that the new year brings.
Our first major project win of the year was to remove three wells on a platform in Malaysia.
- Another big milestone was the pile removal project in Taiwan, being our first renewables scope performed in the region.
- In the latter part of the year, Claxton was awarded a two-year contract for multi-string cutting in Thailand which mobilised in November.
- Staff moved to use Acteon’s Tuas facility an established base from which to grow our business further.
Decommissioning Case Study Pack
The Claxton offshore decommissioning case study pack showcases our vast experience of delivering successful decommissioning projects.