Claxton provides a diverse range of products and services across the entire life of the oilfield. Our equally diverse client base trusts us to meet the needs of their complex operating and engineering challenges.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Projects Manager to lead our project engineering department as Claxton grows globally. As projects manager you will run the department and lead a team of enthusiastic Project Engineers, managing multi-disciplinary projects for some of the oilfield’s biggest operators and most significant developments. Claxton’s product portfolio spans the entire life of field, so your skills will be challenged and honed continually – no two projects are the same.
You will utilise your previous experience, problem solving skills, technical expertise, and business relationship skills to ensure the successful running of the department in line with the company’s objectives. This is a senior management position in a fast growing company with good potential for career development and opportunities for international postings.
As an integral member within the UK Management team your principal accountabilities will be to:
- Provide overall management of the function and objectives of the Projects department. Leading by example, ensure there is effective management of the Project Engineers.
- Ensure all projects are handled to maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring maximum profitability for the company, ensuring projects are run from project opening to project closure to the Claxton project management procedure.
- Ensure all technical requirements are understood and met during project execution
- Set KPI’s / individual performance objectives for all Project Engineers.
- To be an active member of the management team, supporting as appropriate other departments with their goals and objectives.
- Support growth through the controlled and planned hiring and training of personnel within the projects department.
A successful candidate is required to have:
- HND (or equivalent) in an engineering subject matter or have extensive experience and knowledge.
- Have a good all round understanding of the upstream oil and gas industry
- Experience of offshore rigs and well / well conductor related operations
- Proven project management experience and managing a team of engineers
- Have good ‘people skills’, understand a team and its dynamics
- Have excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Lead by example and delegate as deemed necessary with adequate monitoring in place
- Self-motivated, proactive and positive approach
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Three easy ways to apply:
- Online – Use the ‘Apply for this role’ button at the top right of this page
- Email – Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- Post – Please forward your CV and covering letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager to Claxton Engineering Services Limited, Bureside House, North River Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 1TE.