Claxton provides a diverse range of products and services across the entire life of the oilfield. Our equally diverse client base trusts us to meet the needs of their complex operating and engineering challenges. Every day our designs provide pragmatic, reliable and often unique solutions for companies such as BP, Centrica, ConocoPhillips, Shell, Maersk and Statoil.
As a result, our global team is driven toward a singular goal: Working together to make our clients’ projects happen.
Working primarily in the buoyant subsea services sector, Claxton’s growth trajectory is phenomenal – our business is rapidly expanding in Norway, Asia and the United Arab Emirates. This growth is backed by the strength of our parent group Acteon and the opportunities for our business and employees are therefore vast.
As a result of our growth both in the UK and overseas we’re looking for experienced design engineers who have the drive to learn our product spread and deliver creative solutions to engineering problems.
The winning candidate will:
- Be a demonstrable team player
- Be able to show a proven ability to be flexible and creative in solving engineering challenges
- Relish diversity in their role – something that our product range will provide with abundance
- Show us an inquisitive and enquiring nature
- Have worked in a similar engineering role in a commercial environment
- Be conversant with creating designs, and proving them by working through the necessary calculations and FEA
- Have experience of delivering work using 3D CAD and associated software
- Have studied mechanical engineering to degree level
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to either move into oil and gas, or take your career in a new direction within the industry, we’d love to hear from you.
We offer a competitive benefits packages and a warm team culture where your skills will be challenged, developed and appreciated.
Preference will be given to candidates with upstream oil and gas experience – however applicants from any engineering discipline are very welcome on our team, too.
We look forward to hearing from you soon – and seeing what your talents can do for our customers!
Three easy ways to apply:
- Online – Use the ‘Apply for this role’ button at the top right of this page
- Email – Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post – Please forward your CV and covering letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager to Claxton Engineering Services Limited, Bureside House, North River Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 1TE.