Riser tension systems
Claxton riser tension systems are robust and fully-proven via supply to most of the major drilling rig operators.
Riser tension systems apply a pre-calculated load (tension) to provide rigidity to the riser or conductor during drilling operations, and reduce the applied axial loading from the blowout preventer stack and well control equipment.
As a system, riser tensioners need to be robust enough to withstand harsh environment forces and be reliable throughout your drilling operation. Claxton’s riser tension systems are well-proven in the field and are supported by experience gained via our unrivalled subsea riser supply capability.
Claxton riser tension system features
- Passive or fully active systems available
- Flexible solutions – we’re able to provide either a pushed or pulled load facility
- Supplied with shackles, heavy duty connecting slings and all hydraulic hoses for interface and system connections
- Fast-track and cost-effective build service
- Compact design to ease handling and positioning issues
- Comprehensive site surveys can be undertaken to determine the interface requirements
- Operated using standard mineral oil or environmentally friendly non-marine pollutant fluid
- Experienced engineers provided for system installation, commissioning and training
- Air operated HPU eliminates the zone rating issues associated with electric units.