Subsea wellhead recovery tool
The Claxton subsea wellhead recovery tool provides a fixed positive grip to a slick outside diameter of pipe or well conductor housing. A proprietary positive-grip recovery clamp for subsea wellheads, the tool is designed to provide a safe, secure method of retrieval.
The Claxton subsea wellhead recovery tool provides a fixed positive grip to a slick outside diameter of pipe or well conductor housing.
Subsea wellhead recovery tool features
- Full bore access to the internal pipe or housing is maintained when installed
- The tool can be fitted with fixed landing shoulder to provide the ability to land out on a given reference or datum point
- The tool can be fitted with internal slip grip inserts to suit a range of diameters as required
- When actuated and locked onto the pipe or conductor, the tool is rated to provide a vertical pull load of up to 100 tonnes SWL
- The tool is operated and locked onto the pipe by means of an ROV mounted power pack and hot stab, hence no umbilical is required
- The tool can withstand typical hydrostatic forces that are encountered when using explosives for wellhead severance
- Field-proven design from a team with significant and proven abandonment experience.
Decommissioning and abandonment services from Claxton
The wellhead recovery tool is just one of a suite of field-proven decommissioning tools and services from Claxton—these include abrasive cutting, conductor recovery, rigless abandonment and the multi-award winning SWAT™ suspended well abandonment tool. Claxton’s tooling and recovery processes are proven across hundreds of deployments – get in touch to learn more about how Claxton can assist with your decommissioning and abandonment projects.