LATEST NEWS: Claxton Engineering – A ‘Safe Pair of Hands’ for Oil and Gas Buyers
Claxton, an Acteon company, has demonstrated its capability to deliver high quality services to the oil and gas sector by completing its successful assessment with the Achilles FPAL Verify network. Claxton, which provides engineering and services across the life of field, was audited on 16 February 2017 under the Achilles FPAL Verify Audit programme. Achilles FPAL Verify is a rigorous independent assessment of an organisation’s capability across several areas, including QHSE and Competence & Training.
Forty major national and international oil and gas companies have selected Achilles FPAL Verify as their preferred industry audit programme. Achilles then carries out an on-site audit of selected key information aligned to Oil & Gas industry QHSE and Competence & Training requirements. These buyers also use the Achilles FPAL questionnaire to streamline pre-qualification and manage risk consistently among 3,500 Oil & Gas Industry suppliers.
Malcolm Wilson, Director of Achilles FPAL, said, “By participating in the FPAL Verify Audit programme, Claxton has demonstrated a clear commitment to meet the high QHSE and Competence & Training standards that this industry correctly demands. The Achilles FPAL Verify programme includes an important and mandatory commitment to continuous improvement which meets the demanding requirements of this industry. This will help put the company in the best possible position to secure a pipeline of work opportunities from major oil and gas buyers”.
Robin Critchard of Maersk Oil and Chair of the FPAL Verify Steering Group, said, “Achilles FPAL Verify provides critical information to enable an independent, fair and open procurement process. By sharing the commitment towards its collaborative use, it also reduces and removes duplication of effort for buyers and suppliers alike“.
- Achilles is one of the world’s largest service providers of global supply chain risk management solutions with more than 1,000 people working in 22 countries.
- We work on behalf of over 860 buying organisations, from 9 industry sectors, to collect, validate and maintain essential data about more than 133,000 suppliers. This allows buying organisations to gain visibility of their suppliers’ capabilities and compliance before making important sourcing decisions. With an understanding of their supply chains, buying organisations can proactively identify and mitigate potential risks to protect people, planet and profit.
- We operate unique supply chain communities where steering groups, comprising leading buyers from each industry, work collaboratively to agree the common standards suppliers need to meet in order to be eligible to do business with them.
- With one, standardised approach per industry, buying organisations can raise standards consistently in any geographic location in which they operate, and easily connect with credible and qualified suppliers worldwide. Suppliers gain a dedicated ‘shop window’ where they can promote their services to some of the biggest buying organisations in the world. They also gain a clear understanding of the steps they must take in order to qualify for work.
- Our solutions enable businesses to make informed, strategic decisions to minimise cost and turn common industry challenges into sources of competitive advantage.
Media contact – Laura Phimister, Head of Marketing UKI for Achilles – email@example.com
For more information about Claxton, please contact:
Andy Norman, Head of Brand and Marketing, Claxton
T: +44 (0)1493 744500